Aloha, Shortly after New Years 2020 when news about a mysterious virus started appearing in Taiwanese, Korean and Japanese media, due diligence and preparations started. As of April 1, 2020 Guests intake and servicing continues with new updated guest intake. For the current duration and safety concerns, only one guest can be serviced at a time. Guests requiring therapy will be serviced. Please feel free to inquire and we will be more than happy to assist you personally. Mahalo
*Aloha, For Guest’s treatment quality, we only work with a handful of Massage Therapists and Estheticians possessing a great heart, consideration for guests full of aloha, high degree of experience and proficiency to be able to provide custom individualized care and attention to each guest here at Honua Therapy.
* Periodically, some of our therapists are on leave visiting their families and we are short staffed. If you have a specific time and date for treatment, Please contact us 24 – 72 hours in advance and we can assist with coordinating an optimal appointment day and time for you. Mahalo
“Massage from the Heart”
Massage From the Heart One Customer at a time. This point is our dearest philosophy. Honua Therapeutic Massage is a therapy and relaxation health and beauty private boutique spa focusing on Traditional Lomi Lomi, Swedish, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu and Reflexology forms of massage therapy and facial services with a family oriented atmosphere providing quaint and private custom care perfect for singles, couples, families, honeymoons, anniversaries and birthdays.
Guests will also find originally designed, custom massage therapy, and facial treatments from the inspiration of Guest’s wishes and input, Massage Therapists and Facialists found nowhere else to address specific conditions, challenges and goals, providing solution specific treatments offering greater value and effectiveness.
Our mission is to offer true effective forms of traditional massages, facial skin care following the philosophies of La’au Lapa’au and combining concepts and technologies on the forefront emphasizing quality massage and facials at a reasonable price.
How can we be of service to guests? How can we make a positive contribution to remedying and relieving the various problems guests bring to our attention? This attitude and orientation are constantly on our minds while servicing each guest. For this reason we try to stay in direct or tactile contact with guests through the servicing of therapeutic massages and facials to gain the immediate feedback and make improvements guests want us to make. Also for this reason traditional forms and philosophies of massage therapy from around the world are incorporated to complement the Traditions of Ho’oponopono “to help each other” and most important, the Aloha into Lomi Lomi to help guests smile from relief, happiness, joy after finding solutions together for specific pain, difficulties or deep stress relieving relaxation.
Applying the inspirations of many massage therapy philosophies, facial styles, traditions and service providers experienced in Japan, Thailand, India, Russia, Khmer Camobodian, Burmese Myanmar, Korea, Hawaii personally over the years has been a truly humble experience. Infusing the applied experience with the local Hawaii traditions, sensibilities and techniques of hot stone Lomi Lomi, custom massage therapy and facials, guests can find a composite of the best minds and hearts from Honua Therapeutic Massage exceeding resort spa massage and facials at a reasonable price. Not leaving anyone behind desiring service is imperative to reach as many people as possible requiring regular or semi regular massage therapy, facial massage and esthetics skin care.
- Massage and Facial Treatments are by appointment only. For couples and pairs with a set time and day, please contact us 24 hours in advance and we can assist you personally for an appointment.
- For Immediate and Emergency appointments please feel free to give us a call direct. Please allow us 60 minutes to 90 minutes to prepare and properly set up your massage or facial treatment.
- Online bookings are for 24 hours in advance bookings or greater.
- Guests who wish to have private spa service atmosphere and one to one focus and attention can find calm, peaceful and relaxing break from their work and vacation activities.
- Enjoy a warm foot bath and salt scrub before your massage therapy session or facial treatment. Removing dust, dirt, sand and soothing achy feet after long travels, work days and physical activity helps to re-orient into a more relaxing state.
- Guests can expect a fully custom tailored massage and facial designed for your specific problems and preferences. Please see our Specialty massages or the brand new originally designed CBD Total Body Treatment and head to toe Spa Journey Massage Treatments.
- The entire studio is dedicated to each single, couple and pair appointments, perfect for honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, and guests wishing for a quiet relaxing local environment away from noise and crowds. Decompress, relax and unwind with individualized attention and care.
Honua Therapeutic Massage and Facial treatments bring together disciplines, philosophies and sensibilities of Hawaii, Japan, China, Thailand, and India. World Massages are designed for overall relaxation and therapy. Specialty massages are tailored for specific requests, pressure preferences, mixing various disciplines and crafts to customize treatments according to the customer’s specifications. Custom Facials are designed and tailored specifically to the guest’s needs with a choice of organic and non organic in use products including a Facial Massage to lift and tone the facial muscles. Facials are performed are dual licensed Massage Therapist and Beauty Operators able to perform both Massage and Esthetics services jointly.
As a result of the problems wishes, and feedback from prior guests, originally designed CBD Total Body Treatments and Spa Journey Treatments were conceived, to focus on relieving specific types of problems and challenges. The CBD Total Body Treatments are custom tailored massage treatments, unique to each guest’s needs and goals. The focus is on advanced inflammation pain, anxiety, stress relief and promoting restful sleep. While the Spa Journey Organic Tropical Renewal Massage treatments are geared for guests desiring full head to toe massage for assistance in recovery from fatigue, jet lag, improving circulation and restful sleep, the Hawaiian After Sun Comfort is an exclusive skin care treatment designed to relieve and assist in regeneration and relieving mild to serious sun burn and UV exposure pain utilizing local products. The Fire and Ice Sports Massage is tailored for sports participants and athletes requiring circulation and deep tissue specific pressure oriented massage and kneading out of knots and trigger points. Lastly for soon to be mothers and prenatal women, the Prenatal Custom Massage provides for extra care and emphasis on specific postures and vital points to promote and avoid, focusing on common lower, upper, shoulder, neck and other focus area pains mothers have expressed in prior prenatal massage treatments.
Why is massage beneficial?
- Assist in recovery time for your body
- Increase oxygen and nutrient absorption
- Remove lactic acid
- Promote blood flow to the muscles
- Break up scar tissue build up
- Mitigating potential injury
The Honua Therapeutic Custom Massage or the new CBD Total Body Treatment are choice treatments for guests wanting a recovery aid from fatigue and stress working extra long hours in the hospitality, retail sectors this holiday season, and for travelers visiting for the new years wanting a deeply relaxing and therapeutic massage and treatment. Save 10% Now on the CBD Total Body Treatment. Enjoy a full body frontal and backside, lower and upper bodywork for deep relaxation, and promoting oxygen, blood circulation, kneading, loosening, manipulating, applying managed pressure to muscle tissues and muscle tendons around the joints. Organic herbs and natural remedies such as CBD, Comfrey, Arnica, are included into this therapy massage to enhance the pain and inflammation relief. Add in other options such as Stress Away, En-R-Gee, Peppermint, Lavender Therapy Grade Oils and Samoan Coconut Oil enhancements are highly recommended for further pain, stress relief and sun burn recovery to increase the efficacy of your massage experience. You should feel the “therapeutic type of recovery pain.”
* For Spa Journey Treatments utilizing hot stones, please book the treatments in advance as the hot stones require heating preparation time.
- Massage Therapy
- Esthetics Skin Care
- Chiropractic, Decompression
- Vitalized Food, Gardening
- Arts, Aerobic Anaerobics
- Deep Restful Sleep
- Meditative, Prayer
- Onsen, Mineralized Water
- Tension, want for Deep Relaxation
- Chronic pain, muscle tension
- Insomnia and Restless Sleep
- Mental Fatigue
- Physical Fatigue
- Work Related Stress
- Parenting Related Stress
- Pregnancy Related stress
The massage therapists and I have observed over the last 10 years of service to guests, the above issues being the most commonly expressed problems brought to our attention, that have been affecting their professional work performance across the board, cognition, memory, enjoyment of their valuable vacation time, inter personal relationships and interactions, adverse moods from sleep imbalances and general well being. Massage Therapy and Skin health can combine as part of a group of activities included in an overall comprehensive Wellness Program. Combining Chiropractic, Accupuncture, disciplined Nutrient dense diet regiment, Sauna, Banya, Hamam, Hot Spring, regular exercise, participation in Art, or the Spiritual, Mental elements and values of various Martial Arts and Dance. Also Meditative cultures and Prayer engaged together ideally. From personal account, these activities can work in synergy to amplify the effects of any one activity in the pie chart above done in isolation. Although various parts maybe difficult or inaccessible, regular engagement in some of the activities above can make a positive difference in overall Wellness physically, mentally and spiritually.