This article is a working chronicle more for us internally as reference, to stay apprised of this situation. However as a public service, publishing this information for our guests and users visiting may help others as there are developments in Sweden, Hong Kong, US, EU, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Thailand and China not covered in English media worth reporting for consideration, and interpreting into English.
At this time, the science and data sources below have been the most objective and helpful, forming the basis of implementing, refining personal, professional precautions and measures taken to mitigate this situation;
*Emphasis and Credence is given to Front Line Doctors data provided and correctly understanding the scientific data below to the best of our abilities;
Since the inception of Honua Therapy, the concept has been to dedicate focus and individual care to each and every guest. Therefore no guests are mingled with each other.
Effective October 1, 2020
Based on Dr. Vladimir Zelenko’s recommendations for (PrEP), a Pre Exposure Prophylaxis Protocol Plan A was implemented and completed to further enhance and upgrade Safety Measures from April 1, 2020 for Covid19. (PrEP) Plan A Protocol is the current prophylaxis protocol replacing Plan B protocol from August 16, 2020.
- 200mg of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) per day for 5 consecutive days during Week 1 Loading Dose Regimen Phase (For use as Anti Viral and Zinc Ionophore)
- 200mg of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) once a week From Week 2 onwards during Maintenance Dose Regimen Phase after completion of Loading Dose Phase (For use as Anti Viral and Zinc Ionophore)
- 25mg of Elemental Zinc
- 1gram of Vitamin C
- 62.5mcg or 2500IU of Vitamin D per recommendation from Dr. Roger Seheult of Medcram . Fortifying additional Vitamin D with daily sun light minimum 10 – 15min. and supplement Vitamin D fortified foods
- Melatonin 1mg to 3mg before bedtime (sustained release preferable) per Dr. Paul Marik MATH+ Protocol
Effective August 16, 2020
*From Dr. Vladimir Zelenko’s recommendations, a prophylaxis protocol for everyone here at Honua Therapy including therapists have been implemented which includes a daily dose of
- 500mg of Quercetin
- 30mg Elemental Zinc
- 1gram of Vitamin C
- 400mg EGCG from Green Tea
Quercetin and EGCG from Green Tea are utilized as a zinc ionophore to substitute for Hydroxychloroquine as obtaining an off label prescription for Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) for pre exposure prophylaxis reasons through clinicians in Honolulu have been unsuccessful over the last 4 months. Attempts with the doctors and nurse practitioners at virtually all hospitals and clinics we tried to obtain prescriptions from for HCQ were refused.
Effective April 1, 2020
*Guest intake and servicing continues with updated intake protocols. Reception and Massage Therapists / Estheticians will assist to faciliate updated procedures in consideration for maximum safety of guests and therapists possible at this time. Reception will assist in providing a brief Health Questionnaire during the booking and confirmation process.
*For the Current Duration couples and 2 people appointments at the same time are suspended to reduce the number of people in the treatment room and shop premises to reduce the risk of viral particulate concentration build up in enclosed spaces from breathing.
*For couples and groups of two people and greater, servicing one guest at a time in sequence with a 15 minute cleaning, disinfecting and set up time in between each appointment will be performed. For guests awaiting treatment, please make use of our waiting room to relax and unwind. We appreciate your understanding with reducing crowding.
*For each guest appointment, the entire shop is dedicated to each and every single guest which eliminates crowding in enclosed spaces.
*Currently using in personal and professional settings, mix of Hand woven masks, Surgical Masks, 3M N95 Respirator masks during guest appointments, with particular emphasis on proper fitting, wash or removal and disposal procedures after use.
*Currently using in personal and professional settings, 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to disinfect surfaces, hands, body extremities. The ramp up in use of Alcohol has been one of the most utilized and most valuable items to stock for personal and professional use.
*Thorough disinfection of surfaces are performed after each guest appointment utilizing 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.
*Currently using in personal and professional settings when necessary, industrial goggles not completely air tight but sufficient to encapsulate eyes from direct and diagonal droplets projectiles.
*All Sheets, Towels, Head covers are bleached with washing after each use.
*For Guests Please bring a comfortable mask with you and wear your mask during the duration of the appointment and treatment. Mahalo
Table of Contents
September 23, 2020 Patrick at Valuetainment interviews Dr. Li Meng Yan reviews key points from her recently published paper on the genome of Sars-Cov-2. She expresses to have a live debate and conference about the scientific evidence of her published work and invites her detractors to appear in person.
Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route
September 22, 2020 Palki Sharma at WION interviews Dr. Li Meng Yan a University of Hong Kong School of Public Health P3 WHO Reference Lab Virologist reviews key points from her findings into the origin of Sars-Cov-2 tasked to investigate the mysterious pneumonia SARS like virus from December 2019. Her Preprint Paper recently published on Zenodo provides evidence of how the genome of Sars-Cov-2 Receptor Binding Domain (RBD) and Furin Cleavage sites were modified contradicting the nature origin theory. She also goes onto to explain that her Twitter account being suspended while her contrived Facebook accounts remain active was expected and discusses the situation of parties attempting to misinform the public and silence her disclosure.
Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route
As of August 9, 2020 Compiled research into the COVID-19 or the novel corona virus SARS-Cov-2 based off the latest data available from all sources domestic and international, there is a lot that is still not known about the novel corona virus.
According to Covid-19 virologist, immunologist, animal studies expert Dr. Li-Meng Yan from the University of Hong Kong School of Pubic Health one of the leading coronavirus research and reference labs for the W.H.O. recommends
- Physical distancing of 2 meters or 6.5 feet is better.
- Ethanol or Isopropyl Alcohol concentrations of 70% or greater are highly effective in neutralizing novel corona virus.
- Using Medical Masks during gatherings and when in close proximity to people.
In a Live QA with Film Maker, Journalist, Historian and expert in the areas of China, Crossroads With Joshua Phillips, we were shocked to learn of the whistleblower Dr. Li Meng Yan’s story from China and requested for his personal sentiments regarding this matter and his reply was provided below;
Aloha Joshua, what are your sentiments about how much damage Dr. Li Meng Yan has caused to CCP cover up of the origin of this disease? and support, personal use of HCQ as prophylaxis, early treatment?
The Novel Corona Virus / Sars-Cov-2 / Covid-19 features are;
- SARS-Cov-2 is 79.5% genetically similar to SARS-COV or (SARS) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.
- Early Wuhan China strain is closely related to COVZC45 and COVZXC21 from Bats in Zhoushan, Zhejiang province, China. Nucleotide similarity of SARS-Cov-2 with COVZC45 is 89.1% and 100% similarity in the NSP7 and E proteins.
- Sars-Cov-2 is a virus based on the Zhoushan bat virus discovered and owned by the People’s Liberation Army,
- However Sars-Cov-2 has a modified and very robust Recombinant Receptor Binding domain and enhanced S protein with a unique Furin Cleavage site responsible for its high infectivity, transmissibility and survivability.
- Repurposed therapeutics are being utilized on patients in clinical trials ongoing globally to determine significant statistical power and effectiveness due in April, May, June, July 2020, and for the remainder of 2020 for EUA approval.
- Remdesivir’s Gilead and NIAID trial data have allowed the FDA to approve Remdesivir for Emergency Use Authorization as of May 1, 2020.
- Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread according to NIH 2005 primate study.
- According to Miles Wengui Guo below, Chinese leadership, officials and Chinese military doctors have been administering Hydroxy Chloroquine as a prophylactic as early as December 27, 2019. Data provided by Smoky Mountains Station
- August 4, 2020 Good Morning America interview with FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn urges everyone to wash hands frequently, wear masks. Hahn further states Hydroxy Chloroquine may work it may not work based on the recent data and recommends that these decisions regarding treatment should be made solely with the patient and doctor or physician.
- Smokey Mountain Station Provides useful slides referencing other doctor’s reporting their results of Hydroxy Chloroquine prescriptions as an early out-patient treatment for SARS-Cov-2.
- Hydroxy Chloroquine recommended as an early stage treatment and preventative prophylactic for Sars-Cov-2 utilized currently in India and Egypt, mitigating over response of the immune system also known as the cytokine storm, protection of kidney and mitigating thrombosis or blood clots per Dr. Yan Li-Meng in her discussion of HCQ below.
- Dr. Yan also posits contrary to popular claims, Hydroxy Chloroquine can be administered long term to pregnant women and children provided that regular check ups for Retinopathy of Hydroxy Chloroquine long term administered users be performed.
- Dr. Yan raises serious concerns of why the American medical community, tries their best to stop the use of this drug.
- “Any drug has side effects. If you drink too much water you will get problems, In this crazy situation, this drug now can be shown as, I can say even HCQ is the best drug at this moment for both prevention and treatment since we still don’t have a vaccine since we still don’t have a universal magic drug to fight against Sars-Cov-2. Why cannot we use it? Yes it can cause some side effects, so we actually recommend people who have the cardiac problems, to get instruction from their doctors. But before that you have to understand, you have to recommend this drug to even doctors to let them understand how useful it is then they can use it to treat their patients and give them protection. So the side effect is not the reason you should stop this drug at this moment. And if you want to take a long time to do the double blind trial, Yes I also recommend Dr. Fauci to be the control group for placebo.”
- More on Recent Science behind Hydroxy Chloroquine + Azithromycin + Zinc
- Repurposed therapeutics have shown to help lower the chances of infection, lower the viral load of novel corona virus during administering to decrease recovery time. However this does not mean the virus has been eradicated from the body 100%. Several candidate therapeutics in use now are;
- Regeneron – REGN-COV2 Monoclonal Antibodies
- Gilead – Remdesivir
- Fuji Film Toyama Technologies Favirpiravir – Avigan
- Ciclesonide Anti Asthma Steroid
- Kaletra comprised of Ritonavir + Lopinavir
- Administering repurposed anti viral medicines and steroidals also show a counter effect of weakening the immune response which is preferred in instances where managing the cytokine storm is necessary in patients to mitigate organ damage where the immune response accelerates into hyperactivity.
- ER Dr. Dan Erickson and Massihi go over their testing data and clarifying some of the approaches Sweden took to manage the coronavirus outbreak.
- Unclear what exact combination of factors in addition to compromised immune response, pre-existing health conditions are the causes of serious, severe outcomes for some while others have minor to asymptomatic outcomes.
- However according to Dr. John Campbell’s review of a new peer reviewed study published on July 15, 2020 in Nature below indicates Memory TCells induced from SARS1 infection have long term immunological response to SARS-COV2 or COVID-19 and cross reactive immunity for COVID-19 from Memory TCells induced from Beta-coronavirus zoonoses infection of individuals from Cows, Dogs, Bats and Rodents. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2550-z
- Dr. Soo Aleman’s non peer reviewed study and interview below indicates robust TCell memory for seronegative (individuals with no neutralizing antibodies for COVID-19 who have not been exposed to COVID-19) and seropositive (individuals with neutralizing antibodies for COVID-19 who have been exposed to COVID-19 with mild to no symptoms) https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.29.174888v1.full
- A distinct feature of SARS-Cov-2 which differs from SARS-Cov (SARS) or MERS-Cov (MERS) Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome, is its Highly contagious, stealth and elusive nature able to transmit without the carrier’s knowledge and without visible symptoms such as congestion, headaches, loss of sense of smell and taste, weakness, fatigue, persistent fever, shortness of breath, delirium, cough, sneeze etc. See Boxmining Outbreak Page.
- Transmissible through the mouth, nose, and eye mucous membranes as routes to the throat and upper respiratory system (upper lung region).
- Transmissible as aerosols, through smaller droplets in the breath and breathing.
- Transmissible through droplets such as coughs, sneezes, through saliva, nasal drip, feces, blood.
- Transmissible by contact through droplets from infected surfaces and allowing viral particulates to enter transmissible routes.
- Life of novel corona virus outside of the body depends on surface type, temperature, humidity, UV presence, estimated at couple hours to 9 nine days depending on studies.
- There are multiple strains of the Novel Corona Virus shown in the Nextstrain data
- Infection occurs through the spike proteins latching to the ACE2 receptors of host cells and entering host cell starting the copying process until cell death.
- Dr. Kim Joo Woo states immunity occurs if the individual carries the specific neutralizing antibodies for the specific strain of the novel corona virus that can attack and neutralize the spike proteins from latching to host cells.
- Infection can spread in lung cells, and into other internal organs and the entire body.
- Japan’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases reports a Covid-19 positive individual becomes infectious 2 days prior to the onset of primary symptoms. Close contacts are considered contacts that have been within 1 meter distance of a Covid-19 carrier for 8 hours or longer.
- Down regulated ACE2 receptor sites, cell resistance to COVID-19 Discussion.
- Japan, China, Korea, UK case studies show an abnormal loss of the sense of smell and sense of taste as symptom factors that are taken into consideration in guest intake inquiry in addition to the symptoms provided by the CDC and DOH.
- People with pre-existing conditions such as Diabetics, Pre-Diabetics, and individuals with higher body mass index have been reported to be more susceptible to severe corona virus outcomes.
- According to Korea case data, there are young people with no pre-existing conditions ending up with serious corona virus conditions which maybe connected to the cytokine storm where a healthy immune system overreacts and starts destroying its own body in the process of fighting the virus causing organ damage and failure.
- Dead Viral Fragments instead of Reconfirmations as Possible Cause of False Positive PCR.
- Viral load is based off of the number of virus copies in your body
- PCR Tests are about 70% accurate according to Dr. Kamran Rashid Khan, DO AKA Lazarus from Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center Nevada.
- PCR tests require about 3000 copies of the virus or more to indicate a positive. Testing negative on PCR tests means the viral load will be less than the 3000 copy threshold and does not necessarily mean the individual has eradicated the virus from their body 100%.
Dr. Limeng Yan’s pathology experiments with Syrian golden hamsters and research published in the Lancet and Nature:
Pathogenesis and transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in golden hamsters
Viral dynamics in mild and severe cases of COVID-19
- N95 respirators, Medical masks, Surgical Masks, Homemade masks current and prior studies indicate mixed results and significant uncertainty as to their effectiveness to prevent or mitigate Covid-19 spread.
- Hand Washing protocol, mask and respirators combined together show high effectiveness in mitigating spread of corona viruses according to Hong Kong data from SARS 2003 outbreak.
- UV Germicidal Lamps used in Shanghai China Bus system to disinfect the interior and exterior of public buses.
- The psychological effects and “initial response to isolation is a natural anxiety plus introspection, a concern with the past and a direct engagement with the immediate environment followed by bursts of restlessness, pacing up and down, yelling and banging followed by sleep disturbance, difficultly in maintaining attention, daydreaming, a tendency to withdrawal, dissociation from the situation and a physical and psychological regression. This period of anxiety and adjustment to the isolation routine lasts from 1 to 3 weeks”
- “Further isolation of 4–6 weeks leads to a feeling of dejection and increasing dependency, loss of initiative and spontaneous activity, lack of interest in personal appearance, immobility and vacant gaze. The process suggests that inactivity and lack of social contact leads to a loss of meaning which in turn leads to despair. The victim then focuses on this despair, which becomes self-perpetuating. It is this loss of meaning that seems to trigger a failure to adapt to an isolated environment. The initial onset of severe apathy and lethargy leads to an inability to concentrate, to think cogently and to initiate behaviour suggesting impairment in executive function.”
October 15, 2020 State of Hawaii Reopens for travelers from the mainland continental US. Primary source for information about travel restrictions and bypassing the 14 day quarantine is below. Currently there has been many changes and conflicts of opinion between the mayors of each island county and the governor. Currently to enter:
- For travel to Oahu, only a 72 hour pre travel Nucleic Acid Amplification Test by approved partners only and testing negative are required to enter without quarantine.
- All individuals ages 5 or older will be required to take a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test to bypass quarantine. Parents will add their children’s test results to the parent’s Safe Travels Account.
- All individuals 18+ will have to register with the Safe Travels App and upload their pretest results.
- A QR code will be available on your Safe Travels Account once the State of Hawaii approves uploaded test result.
- Travelers experiencing complications with verification of your 72 hour pre travel test results and documentation, email [email protected] or [email protected] for assistance with alternative options.
Flow Chart of Travelling to Hawaii from Continental US
Safe Travel Site to Register and Upload 72 hour pre arrival Nucleic Acid Test
Each Island County has its own rules. Travelers proceeding to neighbor islands from;
Oahu to Kauai county arriving travelers will be asked to take a voluntary antigen test upon arrival at Lihue Airport
Oahu to Maui County same policy as Oahu
Oahu to Hawaii Big Island County all travelers will be required to clear a 2nd antigen test upon arrival to Kona and Hilo.
On August 6, 2020 Big Island News reports Governor Ige and Mayors of the four counties agree to resume the 14 day inter-island quarantine for all non exempt travelers travelling from Oahu to the neighbour islands. Residents and non exempt travelers traveling to Oahu from the Big Island, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and Kauai are not subject to the 14 day quarantine. No definite date has been set as to when this inter-island quarantine will end. Exemptions are granted by applying for exemption at [email protected] for reasons such as emergency hospital care, family emergencies, essential workers, military and other case by case situations. For details see the Department of Transportation site below.
On July 13, 2020 Big Island News reports Governor Ige and Mayors of the four counties agree to delay reopening tourism and commencement of the 72 hour testing program, Effectively extending the 14 day quarantine for all transpacific travelers to August 31, 2020. No definite date has been set as to how long this delay will continue.
On June 24, 2020 Khon2 reports Governor Ige’s announces effective August 1, 2020 the 14 day quarantine for domestic out of state travel will be lifted for travelers undergoing PCR test with a negative COVID-19 result 72 hours prior to their travel date. The alternate is to undergo the 14 day quarantine for guests opting out of pre flight PCR testing.
* No Guidance given for Hawaii residents or international travelers return from abroad outside of United States.
On June 1, 2020 Khon2 reports Governor Ige’s announcement that Interisland travel will resume without the 14 day quarantine effective June 16, 2020. New travel intake forms and temperature checks are updates to the travel policy.
On March 26, 2020 Big Island News reports an expansion to travel restrictions extending to all inter island travelers other than essential travelers and personnel such as health care, utilities and other essential business travel.
On March 21, 2020 Big Island News reports Governor Ige of Hawaii issues a mandatory 14 day compulsory quarantine order for all incoming residents and visiting travelers to their place of lodging or residence. The Quarantine order will take effect starting on Thursday March 26, 2020 12:01am. Hawaii will be the 1st state in the United States to cue with Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, and Singapore Travel Quarantine Protocols. Hawaii’s new 14 day quarantine order will be effective concurrently with the present US travel restrictions detailed in the url below.
Detailed Travel Restrictions List by Country
Thank you to Boxmining for providing this page link.
August 23, 2020 KHON2 reports Governor Ige approves Mayor Kirk Caldwell order to shut down all businesses except essential businesses effectively reverting to a Stay At Home Order Hawaii experienced in Late March to Mid May 2020. The Stay at Home Order duration will commence August 27, 2020 and continue for 14 days until September 10, 2020.
August 9, 2020 KHON2 reports Mayor Kirk Caldwell ordered Bars to close on Oahu on July 30, 2020 for at least 21 days. However breweries and restaurants serving liquor are also being forced to close due to their liquor license designation issues. No definite date has been given as to when bars can reopen.
August 7, 2020 KHON2 reports Mayor Kirk Caldwell and Governor Ige close beaches, parks, bowling alleys, arcades, mini-golf, group classes inside of gyms. Access to the ocean and beaches for surfing, swimming and water sports are unaffected.
July 2, 2020 KHON2 reports Mayor Kirk Caldwell and Governor Ige jointly declare masks to be required in all indoor environments and some outdoor environments where distancing is not possible. Both the State of Hawaii and City County of Honolulu will charge $5,000 fine for violations of the updated mask mandate.
Review of State of Hawaii Department of Health Disease Outbreak
As of May 11, 2020, The conclusion with the State of Hawaii support so far has been an emperor has no clothes on type of situation where they do not know anymore than anyone else. With little to no assistance with feedback for upgraded measures provided, their customer support and requests for clarification have been absolutely poor and unreliable. Brilliant experts abroad, Businesses and our local Ohana are the only people we can turn to for support. In fact taking cue from the data from epidemiologists, virologists, immunologists, ER doctors, Bio-Statisticians such as Knut Wittkowski, and Johan Giesecke below and others abroad in many cases have provided advanced notice ahead of the Department of Health, CDC and WHO.
Inquiry To State of Hawaii DOH Disease Outbreak and Honolulu Covid Response
May 11, 2020 Interest in Serology Data for the State of Hawaii for Covid-19 (Antibody Prevalence) compelled another inquiry into the Department of Health to understand how far or close our community was to Immunity. Calls were made to Hawaii Department of Health Disease Outbreak +1 808-587-6845 and Honolulu Covid Response +1 808-768-2489 to request for Serology Data. Covid Response recommended we email [email protected] . DOH Disease Outbreak stated they are still compiling the Antibody data for Covid-19 and do not have any information available. When a timeline was requested, they stated no timeline is available at this time. When preliminary data was requested on whatever information was available they could not provide any data.
When asked about how the Department of Health could measure what factors whether social distancing, lockdowns or immunity were the causes of the decreasing spread of SARS-Cov-2, they were not sure, furthermore stated that they are not sure if immunity exists for SARS-Cov-2.
As of May 6, 2020 no reply received from the Lt. Governor’s office.
Inquiry To Queen’s Hospital and Straub Clinic
April 24, 2020 As more is learned about current treatment sets and plans available for people working in health care. Contact was made with Covid hotline at Queens Medical +1 808-691-2619 and Straub Clinic Honolulu +1 877-709-9355. The Queens Medical Covid Hotline representative were callous and unhelpful directing us to the CDC. A Dr. Nohea at Straub was very helpful and explained currently there are no treatment plans for mildly symptomatic patients or patients discharged that are simply not recovering as of yet. Unless patients are in serious condition repurposed treatments will not be considered for administering. Remdesivir and Favirpiravir are currently unavailable at Straub Clinic.
Inquiry To Makahiki Clinic Waikiki Health Center
April 23, 2020, calls were made to Makahiki Clinic for clarification and inquiry for treatment plans, prophylactics, certified hospital grade UVC germicidal lamp. the clinic mentions they do not know or have any medications specifically for treatment of COVID-19 and we should talk to Queens Hospital or Straub for assistance.
As of April 13, 2020 there was no reply from the Lt. Governor’s office.
Inquiry To State of Hawaii DOH Disease Outbreak and Lt. Governor Green’s Office
From April 1, 2020 to April 6, 2020 several calls were made to the Department of Health Disease Outbreak +1 808-587-6845 calls and email to Lt. Governor Green’s office +1 808-586-0255 to confer guidance on safety protocols developed in house, questions regarding if they were certain regarding the 1-2 meters or 6 feet safe distance based on new models of respiratory pathogen emissions provided by Dr. Lydia Bourouiba from MIT , request for recommendations on UV germicidal disinfecting lamp vendors, and prophylactics and repurposed medicines, treatment plans available now locally for the general public, health care and related sector workers were made. Their response was;
- If our safety protocols follow their’s and CDC guidelines that is what they recommend to use as a guide.
- Regarding recommendations for UV germicidal equipment vendors, the DOH Disease Outbreak mention look up and research the vendors ourselves.
- With regard to prophylactics and repurposed drugs their stance felt highly reluctant towards using unapproved drugs for unapproved purposes even for compassionate uses. They do not wish to invite lawsuits from families of patients that pass away from complications or suffer any adverse effects resulting from the use of repurposed drugs and medicines.
- No treatment plans or prophylactic plans are available in Hawaii to their knowledge currently as of April 6, 2020 for patients, for health care and related workers.
April 15, 2020 Mayor Caldwell issues mandate to require non medical grade face masks for anyone entering an essential businesses starting April 20, 2020. Exemptions to this mandate are banks, atm, individuals with asthma and respiratory conditions, in your car. To get a complimentary mask go to;
http://www.every1nehawaii.com/ and fill out their form. Deadline is Friday April 17, 2020.
As of April 1, 2020 guest intake and servicing resumes and will be ongoing on a case by case and day by day basis. New updated intake protocols have started and reception will assist to facilitate in consideration of maximum safety for guests and therapists possible at this time. Mahalo
As of March 31, 2020 Our inventory of masks are critically low. Safety Systems and Signs has not replied with a status of their respirator inventory. Over the prior 3 days email to Department of Health through their contact form resulted in a no reply. Calls to KHON2 and Hawaii News Now for leads on respirator PPE direct purchasing channels were unfruitful. Hawaii News Now referred us to DOH Disease Outbreak line. Calls to the Disease Outbreak line were made for guidance on safety protocol and PPE purchasing channels. They mentioned there are no protocols and they are discussing sector specific protocols for ancillary health care services. They mentioned they are rationing PPE only for Hospital healthcare workers on the front line and we should go through our regular channels to purchase respirators and PPE. We mentioned our regular vendors are out of inventory, and they replied there are no direct channels for us to purchase respirator masks or PPE directly from DOH. The conclusion so far is, Hawaii DOH cannot provide any support. We are on our own.
In late February Honua Therapy precautionary measures were implemented to upgrade and create measures preemptively. As of March 28, 2020 the precautionary measures taken have been evaluated and undergoing continuous upgrades to improve safety for massage therapists and guests. Service to guests at this moment has been halted. The main points are;
Treatment room is enclosed and lacks window access to open up the enclosure to allow natural air to flow in and out. Therefore upgrading our client intake process has commenced.
Eight N95 respirators left in inventory. Replenishing respirators necessary. We are currently in contact with Safety Systems and Signs Hawaii Inc. for assistance on sourcing respirator supplies.
Investment into disinfecting equipment such as UV stands, and bays for the disinfecting of treatment room and equipment such as N95 respirators in addition to isopropyl alcohol use are being contemplated and explored.
Updating guest and client intake process and implementing screening protocol based on the information and data available now has been decided as a prudent course. This section will be updated again to report any progress and developments.
As of March 24, 2020 10:00am we were able to speak with a Jacob at Covid Response Hotline at the City and County of Honolulu for clarification on Massage Therapy and Massage Therapists at +1 808-768-2489. Jacob clarifies;
- Massage Therapy and Massage Therapists are part of healthcare practices essential businesses advised to practice best social distancing measures as possible.
- We will continue to stay open during regular 9:00am to 9:00pm hours daily, 7 days a week for guests, repeaters, visitors, and kama’ainas until otherwise updated here.
Please read the post below on the data compiled from around world used to update our own precautionary measures during this time. Mahalo and we look forward to receiving you all.
As of March 23, 2020 2:00pm no response was received from the Mayor’s office after sending requests for assistance messages through their website contact form yesterday and calls made to their office at 8:00am this morning. We were unable to leave a message or get through to speak to anyone at their office for clarification. Will continue trying to reach someone.
On March 23, 2020 4:30pm per Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s order on March 22, 2020, it appears all non essential businesses are ordered to work from home. The language of the order was ambiguous. We are uncertain if massage therapy falls within the definition of essential businesses as the healthcare field or professional services. Requesting further clarification from the Mayor’s office and will update again.
Aloha, As of March 8, 2020, the coronavirus is having a profound impact on the lives of people world wide. We have experienced a dramatic decrease in the number of requests and calls for treatment. This trend was anticipated as more and more people cancel travel and become wary of person to person contact. Being so connected with family and friends all over Asia in general, it has been and is very difficult and even if it feels we are just entering the 1st wave of this multi wave ordeal here, we will stay focused and vigilant. With regard to this Virus, there is no feeling of Panic, Anxiety or Fear. The Safety, and the adversities of how shut downs will affect business and how to continue providing work to therapists, people working with us is more of the major concern. What we are afraid of is the consequences of how the destruction of public confidence in the world economy will affect us all. Many people’s livelihoods and small businesses are not able to sustain economic shut downs as observed locally in the hotels now as reported by Hilo Hawaii Senator Kahele and many may not be able to recover from this. What Martin Armstrong spoke about on an FSN podcast on March 18, 2020 below, sums up the current sentiment;
“The Bulk of the Economy is Small Business and they employ 70% of the people. Who’s gonna come out and bail out the mom and pops stores or the local little restaurants and stuff? I mean Nobody. A lot of these places may actually be pushed over the edge and that’s it. I mean banks aren’t going to be willing to lend to them. This is really a very serious economic crisis that has been trumped up by this virus which is not warranted.”
Martin Armstrong March 18, 2020
The news media has really turned this coronavirus situation into a panic fear frenzy affecting the psychology of many people’s regular behaviors. Knowing everything we can about this Novel Corona virus empowers and eases the fear and allows more reasonable action and precautionary measures to kick in immediately with the support of everyone.
On March 11, 2020 あさチャン (Asachan) TBS TV Japan sourced an article from South China Morning Post indicating a bus in Hunan carrying an infected passenger infecting other passengers inside of the bus up to 4.5 meters away. Study infers the circulation from the air conditioning in the bus being a possible cause of the spread beyond the safe zone distance of 2 meters.
* Japanese experts indicate infection through contact with contaminated surfaces inside of the bus in this Hunan scenario cannot be ruled out.
March 11, 2020 South China Morning Post Source below:
On February 19, 2020 FNN News Japan reported the Chinese Health Ministry added to droplet and infection by contact, aerosol transmission of coronavirus as a possibility when higher concentrations of viral particulates are inhaled for prolonged periods in enclosed spaces. Shanghai authorities expressed caution and reservation with making such statements however Chinese Central Authorities find no basis for Shanghai’s claims. Furthermore the Chinese Health Ministry is currently in clinical research phase of a Phosphoric Acid Based Chloroquine (リン酸クロロキン) an Anti Malaria medication used in conjunction with an Anti Influenza medication Arbidol (アルビドール) to determine their therapeutic efficacy treating Coronavirus.
Additional corroborating information is provided regarding transmission through breathing in the segment below from KARE 11 channel in a recent interview with Michael Osterholm, Director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota.
On March 16, 2020 South China Morning Post reported Professor Qin Chuan and researchers at the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences study indicates Rhesus monkeys received droplets of coronavirus into their eyes. The result was a positive viral load for coronavirus suggesting that infection through the mucous membrane or Conjunctiva (the lining of the eye) is a vector for transmission of the coronavirus. Their study was submitted to Biorxiv and available below for peer review.
Report by Professor Qin Chuan and Team
On March 16, 2020 the American Academy of Ophthalmology published an Alert notice to their Ophthamologist network of members indicating a corroborative statement with Professor Qin Chuan’s study below;
“Two recent reports suggest the virus can cause conjunctivitis. Thus, it is possible that SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted by aerosol contact with the conjunctiva…The SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped, single-stranded RNA virus that causes COVID-19.”
The link to the full notice and studies supporting their notice is below.
On March 27, 2020 FNN News Japan, the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Harvard University and ENTUK Professor of Rhinology Nirmal Kumar reports observations of findings explain an abnormal loss of smell and loss of taste condition as a possible symptom for coronavirus when no other symptoms maybe present.
We are not Afraid and feel no Panic or Fear with this current coronavirus situation. Why? Largely because Therapeutics are already available or in trial being utilized to treat coronavirus patients now.
Modelling after South Korea’s prophylaxis directives, numerous attempts to contact and seek help with our State Health Department, clinics, hospitals here in Honolulu were made since April 2020 and none of these parties have been able to help to provide early treatment and pre-exposure prophylactic paths and are unwilling to help with prescribing HCQ for prophylactic purposes for work and business as preventative measure while servicing guests. CVS pharmacy has Plaquenil on inventory yet we are unable to gain access to this medication to utilize as a zinc ionophore. This situation is madness. We are currently seeking help and assistance outside of the state of Hawaii with gaining proper access to this prophylactic as a preventative for COVID-19. Mahalo
Compilation of worldwide studies on Hydroxy Chloroquine and companion medications utilized to treat COVID19 patients. Updated research including natural experiments with patients carrying Covid-19, clinical, epidemiological, randomized controlled studies. Pay particular attention to the Early treatment, Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) results and the magnitude of success with administering HCQ and companion medications early at clinical suspicion of infection in advance of PCR test result by a primary care provider, physicians and front line doctors.
Petition For (HCQ) FDA Emergency Use Authorization and the way to stop the pandemic
August 16, and 19 2020 Dr. Vladimir Zelenko provides updates to the Zelenko Protocol and additional therapeutics, antibiotics and steroids in addition to Zinc and Hydroxychloroquine regiment for early treatment outpatient program.
Dr. Zelenko also provides a Plan B Protocol for patients and people unable to access Hydroxychloroquine stratified into Low Risk Patient Regiment and High Risk patient regiment for Clinicians in the document below.
Zelenko Protocol Paper
August 9, 2020 Dr. Harvey Risch clarifies the two treatment stages for Covid-19 and reviews some of the troubling aspects of FDA funding and competing interests of medical products.
If you are told that HCQ does not work, ask this question:
- Does it not work in those who have just started to have symptoms, or those sick enough to require hospitalization?
Randomized controlled trials show no benefit for HCQ:
- In which group of patients does HCQ show no benefit?
August 9, 2020 Interview from Rabbi Zryeh Katzin with Dr. Vladimir Zelenko
Petition For FDA Emergency Use Authorization and the way to stop the pandemic
Dr. Zelenko Describes the four stages of COVID-19
- Infection and mildly sick
- Very sick and go to the hospital
- ICU and respirator
“Stage 2,3,4 can be avoided by initiating appropriate treatment. None of the FDA sanctioned EUA therapeutics deal with stage 1 of the illness. Therapeutics kick in once they are in the hospital. Why since March since this information became available through the practice of medicine in my office, it was not a study and became available. Why has there been zero randomized controlled clinical trials testing therapeutics in the outpatient setting? Why is it that everything has been focused on backwards, starting with the ICU and slowly walking backwards to right before the ICU and then admission into the hospital. Eventually maybe we should treat in the outpatient setting. The question is why is this not being done?”
The FDA rules are simple when it comes to getting an Emergency Use Authorization;.
- There must be no other therapeutics available
- That the medication maybe effective.
“If for whatever reason or wherever you live you can’t get Hydroxychloroquine, plan B is to get Quercetin. Its over the counter you don’t need a prescription for prophylaxis and treatment.
- For Prophylaxis I recommend 500mg of Quercetin + 25mg of elemental Zinc daily.
- For Treatment I recommend 500mg of Quercetin two to three times a day + 50mg of Zinc daily for at least five days with antibiotics.”
“Moral Degradation of a society starts with the moral degradation of the individual” Carl Jung
“Moral Improvement of a society starts with the moral improvement of the individual” Dr. Vladimir Zelenko
August 8, 2020 Warroom Townhall meeting interviews Dr. Harvey Risch, Dr. Li Meng Yan and Dr. Vladimir Zelenko on the current situation with how health care workers have to speak up about their prophylaxis use of Hydroxy Chloroquine. Dr. Yan speaks about the details of how the various is not a natural virus and provides some points in her upcoming paper. Dr. Zelenko goes over in greater detail his Zelenko protocol and how he discovered the early outpatient treatment protocol.
Dr. Harvey Risch Newsweek Article, The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It | Opinion Piece
Dr. Harvey Risch Epidemiologist at the Yale School of Medicine and Public Health paper “Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk Covid-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis” published on May 27, 2020 and updated recently to include additional studies.
Former CDC Director Dr. Thomas R Frieden’s paper Evidence for Health Decision Making – Beyond Randomized, Controlled Trials
August 3, 2020 Testimonies of findings by Dr. Harvey Risch, Dr. Ramin Oskoui CEO of Foxhall Cardiology and Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet operating preventative health office from Tuscon Arizona and Dallas Texas offers scientific perspective from the epidemiological, cardiac and preventative health clinical doctor’s perspective of early Hydroxy Chloroquine (HCQ) + companion medication administration to patients and reviews the positive outcomes of early HCQ treatment. In Turkey, Morocco, Indonesia, Malaysia early HCQ and companion medication were utilized. Adjusting for age, the deaths per million were vastly lower by 1/8 compared to Ireland, UK, Sweden, France where these drugs are not given or forbidden to be used.
August 3, 2020 Dr. Li Meng Yan’s recommendation and personal experience with Hydroxy Chloroquine (HCQ). She further explains the sad truth of how institutes, vaccine development companies are afraid of how HCQ occupying the Emergency Use Authorization will adversely affect funding for research on vaccines and other treatments. Dr. Yan also provides a first hand account of how the W.H.O has lost all credibility.
July 22, 2020 Rabbi Schmuley interview with Dr. Vladimir Zelenko reviews the Zelenko Protocol for early treatment of high risk Covid-19 patients over the age of 60 with medical problems. Dr. Zelenko states that administering the Zelenko protocol as an outpatient treatment path in the early stages in high risk patient groups, before the viral load increases to point of causing complications and life threatening serious conditions is the key to combat COVID-19 infection and keeping patients out of hospitals.
July 22, 2020 Dr. Harvey Risch Department of Epidemiology for Yale School of Medicine, MD speaks about the FDA overstep in evaluating the hazards of Hydroxy Chloroquine.
July 22, 2020 Dr. Harvey Risch Department of Epidemiology for Yale School of Medicine, MD clarifies the traditions and criteria of how the FDA measures the benefit and harm of medication used on patients which includes not only randomized controlled studies, but natural experiments and results of front line doctor treatments prescribed to patients, formulaic and custom tailored individual treatment plans, clinical Phase 2 trials. Risch further explains how randomization works in theory and in reality.
On April 11, 2020 Gene Dellasala from Audioholics reports on help received and confers his experience, testimony, dosage, and results of his Hydroxy Chloroquine + Azithromycin + Zinc regiment.
April 10, 2020 United States and Europe Hydroxy Chloroquine + Azithromycin + Zinc and Vitamin A and D to support immune function clinical trial updates.
Hydroxy Chloroquine + Azithromycin Peer Reviews
April 22, 2020 Combination of hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin as potential treatment for COVID 19 patients: pharmacology, safety profile, drug interactions and management of toxicity paper published by Guillaume Hache PharmD, Jean Marc Rolain PharmD, Philippe Gautret MD, JeanClaude Deharo MD, Philippe Brouqui MD, Didier Raoult MD, Stéphane Honoré PharmD. in response to the studies showing flaws and frauds data below.
An April 14, 2020 Study of 181 patients from 4 French Hospitals indicate no significant benefit of Hydroxy Chloroquine with 8 patients experiencing side effects of electrocardiogram modifications inferring the potential heart toxicity of the 7 day 600mg dose hydroxy chloroquine regiment administered in this study.
An April 3, 2020 and April 10, 2020 non peer reviewed studies emphasizes flaws and frauds in the data provided in the French study by Dr. Didier Raoult of La Timone Hospital Marseille reporting successes of hydroxy chloroquine.
On April 3, 2020 Gene Dellasala from Audioholics reports his experience at 30 days from exposure to Covid-19, and one that many people and families are feeling deeply troubled with. Why is his Department of Health in Florida unable to offer him a course of treatment for his case? Where are the treatment plans for those that are just not recovering? Gene’s case specifically speaks for those that are asymptomatic patients with mild symptoms that continue to test positive and suffer.
On May 20, 2020 KHON2 interviews Lt. Governor Josh Green provides a contrary view of Hydroxy Choloroquine to Dr. Khan’s testimony below. Green also advocates for opening inter-island travel now expressing concern that patients requiring transport for life saving medical procedures are being adversely affected due to the travel restrictions.
National Institutes of Health published in a 2005 study indicating in primate studies that Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread. Why did Dr. Fauci make contradictory claims about Hydroxy Cholorquine knowing the indicators of this study?
On May 14, 2020 Vlad TV provides a 2nd update from Dr. Kamran Rashid Khan, DO AKA Lazarus from Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center Nevada about his first hand experiences treating his Covid-19 patients with Hydroxy Chloroquine.
On April 2, 2020 Dr. Stephen Smith and Dr. Ramin Oskoui on Fox Laura Ingraham Medicine Cabinet discuss updates on the progress of Hydroxy Choloroquine usage by physicians to mitigate infections on the field and results of patients receiving 4 to 5 day regiments of Hydroxy Choloroquine treatment.
The report continues onto corroborating data from Washington, France and Dr. Smith’s 72 patient analysis for Diabetics, Pre-Diabetics and individuals with higher Body Mass Index being at risk for severe coronavirus disease.
May 27, 2020 Lee TV republishes an important interview by Rahul Gandhi with Sweden’s former Chief Epidemiologist Johan Giesecke reviews the current state of Sweden’s Coronavirus strategy and suggests India’s course of action with regard to their COVID-19 policies.
May 18, 2020 BBC Hardtalk Sweden’s Current Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell reviews the current state of Sweden’s Coronavirus mitigation measures and progress.
May 2, 2020 Dyer Appliance Repair Academy review Dr. Dan Erickson’s recommendations based off of Epidemiological data compiled from Sweden and comparing to their own testing data. Dr. Erickson provides updates on how the data is explaining what we currently understand about the coronavirus. He advocates how climbing out of this economic shutdown should be modeled after Sweden’s policy, proceeding on a step by step basis such as reopening schools immediately. Reopening measures should be decided on a county by county basis as the situation is different depending on localities.
May 1, 2020 The Times Reports Sweden is a model for the new coronavirus normal, says WHO
April 22 2020, ERs Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi co-owners of Accelerated Urgent Care from Kern County California, report their testing data and corroborates Johan Giesecke’s conclusions regarding Sweden’s approach to immunity.
YouTube continues to delete the two video posts above and posting a link to a copy below.
On April 29 and April 17, 2020 Johan Giesecke Infectious Disease Clinical Doctor working with AIDS patients, formerly the head Epidemiologist for Sweden and Chief Epidemiologist at the European Centers for Disease Control, is a consultant for the Swedish Agency for Public Health, advises for the WHO as an honorary. Giesecke shares his insight into the economic shut down policies of other EU countries and non economic shut down policies for Sweden, emphasizes;
- Evidence Based Measures such hand washing
- Social distancing.
- The trust that exists with the Swedish people’s ability to understand what was happening and do what was best for them with the purpose of protecting the care home elderly, moderate social distancing, and achieving herd immunity as a byproduct of their current policy.
April 29, 2020 Armstrong Economics Reports upturn in Swedish Economy.
Following interim therapy developments around the world, there appears to have been a global coalition of support and cooperation with developing effective treatments with minimal side effects for various novel viruses..The following are current therapies being researched and in trial now. Various sources report of successful administering on the field. The anti viral, anti influenza cocktails, RNA Polymerase inhibitors, pancreatic and other medications below have been showing examples of effectiveness in treating COVID19 patients towards a path of recovery. Are the following therapies and medicines below available in your local hospital or clinic? If you have a primary care practitioner, maybe it will be a good idea to confer with them to see if these types of therapies are currently available now for administering. And if not Why Not and How Soon Will They Be Available? Good Morning America reports the US is conducting non FDA approved trials of an Anti Ebola medication Remdesivir. Japan media has been reporting on a RNA Polymerase inhibitor medication Avigan trials for serious to critically ill coronavirus patients and speaking of administering to patients at onsets of COVID-19 infection.
July 8, 2020 Live Science Posts therapeutic candidate Regeneron REGN-COV2 monoclonal antibody cocktail illustration, consisting of two Covid-19 neutralizing antibodies currently in Phase 2/3 and 3 trials.
July 7, 2020 Regeneron Announces Manufacturing And Supply Agreement For BARDA And U.S. Department Of Defense For REGN-COV2 Anti-Viral Antibody Cocktail
July 6, 2020 Regeneron Announces Start of REGN-COV2 Phase 3 COVID-19 Prevention Trial in Collaboration with National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
July 1, 2020 Jama Network illustrates how monoclonal antibodies are thought to work as;
- a candidate prophylactic to mitigate infections for essential workers and the general population
- reduce the infection rate at the onset of transmission by blocking the spike protein binding with the ACE2 receptors of cells.
April 24, 2020 Confirming with Doctors of Waikiki, Antibody tests are available for ancillary health care related sector workers as well at this current time. The cost for the test out of pocket without insurance is $59.95. Please visit their site below for more information on how to schedule an appointment.
On April 19, 2020 Analissa Unfiltered reports an update from Dr. Alan Wu of Doctors of Waikiki advocated and brought the antibody blood test to Hawaii. Dr. Wu speaks on how PCR and the new antibody test will measure IGN and IGG antibodies for corona virus to be utilized with the current PCR tests for confirmatory purposes. He mentions how both PCR and the antibody tests are under Emergency Use Authorization and hopes to upgrade the testing process to follow the dual testing protocol used in other parts of Asia currently.
May 1, 2020 CNBC Reports Emergency Use Authorization for Remdesivir was approved by the FDA per former FDA commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb. Furthermore the EUA granted for Remdesivir provides for 5 day regiments for patients in moderate condition that are oxygen deficient and 10 day regiments for patients that are intubated or currently on ventilators for support providing for maximum flexibility in the EUA.
April 28, 2020 Anotimmm Vlogs posted (ゴゴスマ) Gogosuma broadcast reports, the Health Minister for Japan Kato expresses upon approval of Remdesivir overseas, Japan Health system intends to fast track approval domestically to expedite the use of Remdesivir. The broadcast further stated that Japan’s focus now likely concentrated more towards therapeutics to rebuild the people’s confidence as a necessary precursor to rebuild the economy going forward.
April 23, 2020 DrBeen Medical Lectures explains through illustration the pathogenesis of novel corona virus SARS-Cov-2 and how Remdesivir mimics the Uracil nucleotide to disrupt the viral protein formation process.
April 17, 2020 Scientific Animations illustrates beautifully how Remdesivir is thought to work to disrupt the replication process of novel corona virus.
March 12, 2020 By Fumi Kubota from Nikkei Biotech Online
Summary of an Anti-Ebola Medication Remdesivir
February 23, 2020 Radio Taiwan International reports the Taiwan Academy of Sciences Research Institute have successfully synthesized 100mg dose
On February 28, 2020 NHK Hot News Ainu Moshiri reported Shiraki Kimiyasu a participating researcher and developer formerly with Toyama Kagaku Kougyou (Toyama Technologies) were the developers of Avigan an Anti-Influenza medication. Currently the vice president of Senri Kinran University Osaka Japan explains how Avigan a RNA Polymerase inhibitor is effective as a crisis management tool for critically ill patients and effectively stops the organization and copying of RNA mitigating the proliferation of novel influenza, ebola and novel corona viruses. Currently the protocol and use of Avigan administering is structured to be utilized during a life or death situation as Kimiyasu explains. Avigan was approved for medical use in 2014. To minimize side effects other therapeutic medications should be exhausted first prior to administering Avigan. Although Kimiyasu stated it was not his hope for Avigan to be used in this way, in light of the current severity of the infection rate, the chance for Avigan to be used on a world wide scale is a possibility.
On March 11, 2020 子宝先生 Channel interview with Shiraki Kimiyasu speaks on the the 25 year development history and administering of Avigan and its effects on Ebola, SFTS, Rabies and Novel corona viruses.
On March 18, 2020, TBS News reported The Ministry of Science and Technology of China clinical research study out of Shenzen indicated a Avigan trial was conducted utilizing two groups of coronavirus patients. The control group or non Avigan administered group required an 11 day duration for viral loads to decrease from positive to negative whereas the Avigan test group only required a 4 day duration for viral loads to decrease from positive to negative. Chest Xrays indicated only 62% of the control had noticeable improvement in symptoms whereas the Avigan test group experienced a 91% improvement in symptoms. The research team indicated minimal side effects and are hopeful to include Avigan as a therapeutic for coronavirus going forward.
According to an ANN and FNN News report from March 3, 2020, three individuals a 73 year old woman, 78 year old man and 67 year old woman infected with Coronavirus from the Diamond Princess Cruise have been treated with a widely utilized aerosal inhalant Ciclesonide, which is an Asthma steroid medication. This report came from of the team in Kanagawa Ashigara Kami Hospital tasked with Coronavirus treatments. Their report indicates two of the patients were treated with Ciclesonide on 2/20/20 and the third on 2/19/20. All were in moderate condition and within 2-3 days the team observed an anti-viral and anti-inflammatory response within their respiratory systems. All three patients have been showing positive recovery and the 73 year old woman has since been discharged. The team indicated that no treatments of Ciclesonide have been administered for infected patients in serious condition and the possibility of drug resistance is a possibility.
What is Ciclesonide and what does it do for Asthma
South China Morning Post Report from March 13, 2020
India Today Report from March 16, 2020
On March 18, 2020 NY Times reports Ritonavir and Lopinavir Anti-HIV cocktail medication Kaletra observed no benefit according to a Chinese study.
*The NY times report corroborates to an extent with the SCMP report from Dr. Kriangsak Atipornwanich and Associate Professor Subsai Kongsaengdao from Rajavithi General Hospital, Bangkok Thailand On January 29, 2020 regarding utilizing Ritonavir and Lopinavir alone were ineffective, but fails to cite the successful reports from Dr. Kriangsak Atipornwanich and Associate Professor Subsai Kongsaengdao utilizing Lopinavir, Ritonavir and Oseltamivir cocktail protocol. The NY Times also fails to cite the Chinese study referred to on their post to provide exact protocol, dosage, control and test data results for its readers.
On March 18, 2020, 健康ポータル・美容ポータル・賢脳ポータル Youtube channel reported with a wonderful illustration the current understanding of the developments in clinical study regarding the mechanism of coronavirus infection and how the pancreatic medication Nafamostat functions to suppress coronavirus infection. The novel coronavirus protein enter healthy lung cells by binding to the ACE2 receptor site. Nafamostat’s active component is the Serine Protease enzyme which functions to cleave peptide proteins attempting to bond with the ACE2 receptors, meaning Nafamostat works to prevent the viral RNA from transmitting into the cell that causes the infection. Suppressing or preventing the viral RNA from passing through the cell wall via the receptor sites. This action suppresses the RNA polymerase transcription and multiplication process, meaning suppressing the ability of the virus to multiply inside of the healthy lung cells after infection. At or about 1:00 minute of the video, the following illustrations infers perhaps the administering of Nafamostat to mitigate infection and the administering of Avigan, Remdesivir and or Ciclesonide therapeutics to mitigate the multiplication of corona virus at onsets of infection.
TBS News Reports from March 18, 2020 indicate Tokyo University laboratory test results concluded a pancreatic medication developed more than 30 years ago known as Nafamostat known to be effective in suppressing SARS and MERS have also shown to be effective in suppressing new forms of coronavirus. Clinical studies of Nafamostat for use in new forms of coronaviruses are ongoing.
On January 29, 2020, Dr. Kriangsak Atipornwanich and Associate Professor Subsai Kongsaengdao from Rajavithi General Hospital, Bangkok Thailand reported a 71 year old Coronavirus patient with a pre-existing high blood pressure and heart disease condition was a woman from Wuhan City in severe condition requiring respirator assistance. Previous administering of anti influenza medication Tamiflu – Oseltamivir and Anti-HIV medications alone were ineffective. Utilizing reports from treatments used in MERS-Cov patients as a primer, the treatment team administered a combination of two anti-HIV medications 200mg of Lopinavir four times a day, 50mg of Ritonavir four times a day and an anti-influenza medication 300mg of Oseltamivir per day.
Within 12 hours the patient’s condition improved from weak to being able to sit up. The patient was not completely recovered however her condition has been improving. Within 48 hours her test results indicated negative for Coronavirus. After 10 days of examinations, her test results for Coronavirus were negative. Their conclusion so far with this case study is that treatment efficacy is expected to improve. However greater corroboration and review by other researchers are necessary.
Martin Armstrong is a programmer with extensive experience in main frames, numistmatist (expert in coins), a historian and formerly responsible for managing foreign exchange / currencies and hedge funds. For the last 40 years Martin advises world leaders, presidents, congress, sovereign wealth funds, institutions, governments and central banks domestically and internationally. Armstrong is the designer and developer of the Socrates AI system and the Economic Confidence Model. In the midst of heightened emotions, distress and anguish, Martin with the assistance of his Socrates system provides an unbiased and refreshingly logical perspective on the state of disease from a cyclical standpoint.
July 18, 2020, Martin Armstrong provides an update on the catastrophic global economic impact of shutdowns from COVID-19.
April 22, 2020, Cycle Behind COVID-19
April 18, 2020, Martin Armstrong provides an unbiased non opinion based update from Socrates regarding the extent of the damage and trauma to the confidence in people and duration to recovery from the global economic shutdowns.
Published on March 13, 2020 below, Martin explains the Event 201 What If scenario held back in October of 2019 by John Hopkins Center for Health Security fails to consider the ramifications and implications of how shut downs will affect the world economy and how it will impact the lives of people. Martin highlights this crisis as an example in his post below referring to his recent book Manipulating The World Economy.
*Big Thanks to Defango for informing us about the Event 201 scenario vid first.
From SCMP Scores of patients crowd the waiting hall of a clinic on Hong Kong Island during the influenza epidemic in July 1968
In 1968 The Hong Kong Flu spread through out the world claiming the lives of 1 million to 4 million people worldwide from 1968 to 1969. We were not alive during this time period to witness this event as we are now. We wished to ask our Kupuna or elders, Was the World Economy Shut Down? Were cities, states and provinces locked down during the 1968 influenza pandemic?
According to Joseph Campbell, New Journalism or what we now know as the Funny Papers, Comics were captivating and enthralling method to capture the attention and emotions of its readers,. Joseph Campbell believes this form of sensational journalism had no influence in propelling the US into the war with Spain.
National Archives on U.S. Diplomacy and Yellow Journalism 1895 – 1898
Joseph Campbell PHD explains about the emergence of an innovation in journalism coined New Journalism during the pre Spanish American War period that was later named as Yellow Journalism
In retrospect this type of media is synonymous with the media abuse that is perpetuating the fear frenzy and trauma ever present in the news today. Armstrong calls for the re-instituting of the Fairness Doctrine in media that compels media organizations and news publications to present multiple sides of any particular issue which is in the public interest as Edward Murrow used to defend and advocate for.
October 15, 1958, Edward Murrow Speech to Radio Television News Directors Association.
Michael Gu founder of Boxmining, provides a unique perspective on the Corona Virus from Hong Kong. Customarily his channel specializes in Bitcoin, crypto-currencies and various Block Chain technologies, however his unique perspective growing up in Hong Kong and surviving the SARS outbreak in 2003 and his chemistry and drug development background offers a unique experiential, science, evidence and fact based analysis of the Corona Virus today.
Coronavirus Outbreak Facts to date, tracking how the Coronavirus spread in China and how Hong Kong has been dealing with the COVID19 outbreak.
Thai Medical news on April 6, 2020 publishes summary analysis of Eight strains of Sars-Cov-2 for consideration
How coronavirus mutations can track its spread—and disprove conspiracies
On March 26, 2020 National Geographic publishes summary explanation of Next Strain Epidemiological data;
April 17, 2020, The Stanford University Antibody study indicates a 50 – 85 fold the number of possible individuals with resistance from antibodies than the number of confirmed cases. This study is non peer reviewed and the method by which this study accumulated participants was by Facebook advertising,which gives rise to possibility of bias in the sample pooling.
April 11, 2020 The Iceland study below tested 9,199 participants of 21,840 or 6% of the Icelandic population were screened for SARS-Cov-2. Haplotype differences in the early phases of testing from and later phases testing show mutations of Sars-Cov-2 inferring that perhaps asymptomatic variants of SARS-Cov-2 may already be prevalent in the Icelandic population. A far larger percentage of the population may already have been infected and inoculated with minimal to no symptoms.
Manuel Chavez III aka Defango, one of the most meticulous and detailed researchers and a literal genius in Security, Computer Science and Technology is an expert debunker investigating everything from conspiracy theories, claims, science, research and development studies, theories, news and provides a breadth of information to formulate salient questions and logical insight, inferences and conclusions to explore further..
Shiraki Kimiyasu Corona Virus expert from Senri Kinran University Osaka Japan speaks about how one similarity of the Novel Corona Virus with Influenza is that transmission is understood to occur through the throat. Two ways of transmission are by;
- Droplet Infection and
- Infection through Contact
Droplet Infection are Coughs, Sneezes, Nasal Drip, Saliva, and tears from an infected individual. Infection through Contact is the viral shedding from infected individual’s droplets sticking to door knobs, handles, on infected individual’s hands etc. Shiraki recommends Isopropyl Alcohol being a powerfully effective defense to disinfect hands to mitigate transmission through mouth, nose, and eyes. Shiraki mentions how washing hands with soap maybe insufficient to rid the infected droplets from the hand crevices and recommends utilizing alcohol to disinfect hands in addition to washing hands. Furthermore Shiraki states the combination of Alcohol in disinfecting hands with he use of Masks, Respirators to mitigate droplets from coughs and sneezes are the two ways to mitigate infection.
May 12, 2020 Asian Boss provides a 3rd update from Professor Kim Joo Woo special advisor for the Prime Minister of Korea, 2015 MERS outbreak Rapid Response Task Force Lead with 30 years infectious diseases and virology experience is an expert in Influenza and Respiratory Illnesses.
April 14, 2020 Asian Boss catches up with Professor of Infectious Diseases Kim Joo Wu at Guro University School of Medicine Seoul, Korea provides updates on new developments, findings and answers viewer questions;
- Studies from US, China and South Korea show that during the incubation you start being infectious from 2 days prior to exhibiting symptoms such as a fever. We have some who argue that people are not infectious at all during the incubation while others argue people are infectious for the whole incubation period. Now we have studies proving when people start to become infectious
- We have now 10,400 confirmed cases, 7,000 have recovered, but the remaining 3,400 are still in hospitalized in treatment centers. We have cases of reinfection where discharged patients get cold like symptoms 5 to 10 days after discharge and test positive for COVID-19, and 65 cases of relapse.
- PCR Tests you usually need about 3000 copies of the virus or more to show a positive result.
- Relapse is when a patient’s virus is treated, symptoms subside, patients test negative because the number of virus copies are less than what the PCR test kits can detect. But the virus continues to make copies and subsequent tests show positive. So testing positive, negative and positive again is what is known as Relapse
- Reinfection is when you eradicate the virus completely from your body and then get infected by another person with COVID-19 again.
- What is not clear is that the body should start producing antibodies by the end of the first week and after 2 to 3 weeks. There are exceptions however 90% of people should produce antibodies. There are varioius types of antibodies and we have to check whether they are specifically the neutralizing antibodies that prevent reinfection and can attack the spike proteins.
- Dr. Fauci basis for reinfection not occuring is the recent clinincal trial with researchers infecting monkeys with COVID-19 and one monkey forming antibodies. The research confirmed the specific type of antibody that neutralizes the virus. The monkey was injected with the same virus and no symptoms or reinfection emerged.
- For Relapses we do not know the exact mechanism by which the virus copies go down and back up.
- Some patients in relapse receive medicine such as Kaletra or Chloroquine which is not proven to be effective against COVID-19.
- Medications and external factors that will suppress the virus decrease symptoms. Subsequent PCR test show a negative, then the patients are discharged. The discharged patient go back to their lives without medications and the virus copies start to replicate again and develop symptoms again.
- These relapse cases happen when your own immune system is not able to fully eradicate the virus by itself.
- Testing negative does not mean the virus is completely eradicated.
- Medications could be only temporarily suppressing the virus and once your immune system weakens again or stop taking medications, there could be a relapse.
- Steroids also reduce the activity of your immune system allowing the virus to replicate again.
- One thing we observe with corpses is that the virus is not only in the lungs but it spreads throughout the whole body hence the concern for touching corpses leading to infection.
- Based on the data from stool sample tests, the longest we saw the virus in an infectee was 26 days.
- Younger people can still die from the virus. There’s a person in their 20’s now here in Korea in very critical condition being treated with an Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Device (ECMO).
- Maybe because the Korean Health Care system and medical technology is more advanced and we have not seen any deaths of people in their 20’s. But in US and Europe, some younger people end up in critical condition if they get a serious case of COVID-19 and go to the hospital at a late stage.
- It goes for any illness or condition, the sooner you get treated the higher the chances of you recovering.
- If you go too late the virus will have spread throughout your body and damage your organs and be dangerous.
- The Cytokine Storm Phenomenon maybe the cause of healthy young adults in their 20’s have no previous health issues with a strong immune system and the immune system over reacts to the virus, in addition to pneumonia that can cause inflammations all over the body and cause even death.
- At the moment we cannot grasp the situation with Cytokine Storm and do not know about any risk factors or indicators to predict who maybe susceptible to the triggering of the Cytokine Storm.
- The non peer reviewed thesis out Wuhan China is not conclusive data to indicate that certain blood types are more susceptible to COVID-19 virus.
- There are dozens of these non peer reviewed journals and papers being self published on these sites and reporters and writers run with it and publish fake news.
- The professor from Australia stating Ivermectin a drug for parasitic infections was a miracle drug that quickly kills COVID-19 but that was only under laboratory conditions in test tubes. It has not been proven that Ivermectin is effective against COVID-19 or reduce the fatality rate.
- The probability is low but In theory you could get infected with COVID-19 through an open wound or cut as the blood vessels have the receptors for the virus to bind to however we have not had cases reporting that. When that happens disinfect with the wound with ethanol or other disinfectant and place a bandaid to prevent the wound from being exposed.
March 28, 2020 Asian Boss interview with Professor of Infectious Diseases Kim Joo Wu at Guro University School of Medicine Seoul, Korea confers data as of March 24, 2020;
- Not entirely sure how the virus originated. There had to have been an intermediate host for the virus to jump from a bat and eventually to humans.
- The death rate average is 2-3% and varies on differing quarantine protocols, sophistication of the healthcare system, differing demographics
- Out of the 8,961 cases in Korea, 111 have died, 3,166 have recovered
- Out of the total confirmed cases, 20% show no symptoms
- In Korea the death rate by age range is 11.6% for cases in the 80s age range, 6.3% in their 70s, 1.5% in their 60s, 0.4% in their 50s, 0.1% in their 40s, 0.1% in their 30s. No deaths seen in age ranges in the teens and 20s.
- 90% of those that have died are in the age range of 60s and above primarily due to immuno-senescence.
- The only thing that can fight the virus now is your own immune system as no vaccine or treatment exists at this current time.
- For the infected in their teens to 40s they may only experience mild cold like symptoms for 1-2 weeks and yes they can also be asymptomatic.
- Diabetes, Chronic Lung Conditions, Cardiovascular Conditions, accumulation of nicotine in the lungs of people who are Smokers are at risk of getting very sick.
- Yes we’ve seen cases where Reinfections can occur sometimes.
- In outdoor spaces such parks and hiking trails airborne transmission is unlikely
- However in the Shincheonjji incident, there were hundreds of people singing and praying for hours on the 10th floor of a building with windows closed during the winter. Densely packed enclosed spaces where there is singing, shouting, screaming you are going to get droplets of 0.5 microns and aerosols which are droplets drying out in the air reducing to less than 0.5 microns, travel and infect people more than 1-2 meters away.
Emphasis on South Korea is of major importance as they as well as Taiwan, Singapore, and Hong Kong lead the world as a remarkable example applying what they learned and experienced at terrible human cost with SARS in 2003, Swine Flu in 2009 and MERS outbreak in 2015. They show us the level of aggressive testing, contact tracing and transparency necessary to effectively slow the growth of the coronavirus spread.
As of 3/15/2020;
- 268,212 individuals have been tested for Coronavirus in South Korea
- 251,940 tests have been completed
- 8,162 confirmed cases or 3% of the Total Test Pool
- 16,272 individuals under investigation, or 6.1% of the Total Test Pool
As of 3/16/2020
- 274,504 individuals have been tested for Coronavirus in South Korea
- 259,533 tests have been completed
- 8,236 confirmed cases or 3% of the Total Test Pool
- 14,971 individuals under investigation, or 5.5% of the Total Test Pool
Their level of capability, organization, protocol and execution and the new testing technologies reported was sorely needed yesterday in all 50 states. Following Korea’s outbreak since their onset in January, It appears they are experiencing great success containing the ShinCheonJi / ShinTenChi (新天地) Church incident including Patient 31 and other super spreading incidents in the Daegu region, the sporadic outbreaks in Seoul and in the neighboring provinces ongoing now. Following their progress on March 15, 2020 and March 16, 2020 there have been no deaths for the two days, a greater number of recoveries and discharged patients than infections are observed.
On April 30, 2020 South Korea Herald Reports Seoul National University Hospital stated dead virus fragments may have been the cause of the 260 individuals testing false positive that gave rise to the claims about the possibility of reinfections and reactivations.
On April 17, 2020 Arirang Reports 163 reconfirmed cases of which half of the cases show mild symptoms. There is no scientific explanations yet. According to Ki Mo-Ran heading the COVID-19 Task Force from the Society for Preventative Medicine posits three theories;
- Patients get reinfected.
- Dead viruses are detected by the PCR test.
- Virus remains in the patient and reactivated due to a weakened immune system.
It is unclear if the reactivated cases are contagious and this possibility cannot be excluded. What can be done?
- Extend the health monitoring of patients and extend the quarantine duration after discharge.
- Government analysis of data related to reconfirmed cases to determine patterns and which type of patients are more prone to reconfirmations.
Surgical Mask: Proper Fitting and Removing by SingHealth
N95 Respirator: Proper Fitting and Removing by 3M Health Care
On April 6, 2020, Live Science publishes results of 2 studies with mixed results and opinions on the effectiveness of masks. Conclusion of the studies below indicate masks may or may not help. There is insufficient history of clinical data to definitively support the effectiveness of masks in preventing or mitigating coronavirus spread stand alone.
On March 31, 2020 College of Veterinary Medicine, Qingdao Agricultural University reports simple approaches to slow the exponential spreading of Sars-Cov-2
Wet Towel Containing
- 1.00% Soap powder removed 98.36% of virus from Hands
- 0.005% Active Chlorine removed 96.62% of virus from Hands
- 0.25% Active Chlorine from Sodium Hypochlorite removed 99.98% of virus from Hands
Masks and Respirators
- N95 respirators could block 99.98% of virus aerosols
- Medical masks could block 97.14% of virus aerosols
- Homemade masks with 4 layer kitchen paper, 1 layer of cloth can block 95.15% of virus aerosols.
From LIVEpost 拉播新聞 interview reposted by HKUMed with Professor Yuen Kwok-Yung Microbiologist and Chairman of Infectious Diseases at the University of Hong Kong confers the importance of wearing masks and mitigating spread of corona virus. Professor Yuen confers past experiences of using surgical masks did have an effect in preventing infection of SARS during the 2003 epidemic. Yuen details on the concept of viral loads and that large droplets have higher amounts of viral particulates that can cause infection. Surgical masks do have an effect in protecting against large respiratory droplets larger than 10 micrometers. They cannot filter very small particulates less than 5 micrometers and 1 micrometers in diameter. We also know that it is more likely the larger droplets that are more harmful. Yuen discusses that systematic analysis from past experiences with other acute respiratory viral infections such as Influenza also shows that surgical masks do have an effect even in the community and university setting reducing the risk of getting an infection. Especially stopping the use of masks and only resorting to hand washing, the effect of protection is markedly decreased. Yuen also speaks on the effectiveness of self made cloth masks are much better than no mask at all.
Article by Professor Yuen
A familial cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission:a study of a family cluster
On March 22, 2020 3M Chairman and CEO Mike Roman announces a dramatic ramp up in production and shipments of N95 Respirators currently underway to Healthcare workers, employees and related sectors in areas where inventory is in critically low in supply.
Personally as of January 31, 2020, respirator masks and goggles are difficult to find in regular retail outlets in Honolulu. Searching for N95 respirator masks at City Mill, Target, Walmart, Sams Club, Home Depot, Lowes were fruitless. N95 masks are out of stock and their availability back on January 31, 2020 were unknown. Respirator and goggles are in high demand.
The limitations of having these supplies and their purpose are understood. Masks are for people who are already sick and used to keep coughs, sneezes, nasal drips, droplets and aerosols in rather than protecting against infection.
You can find N95 Respirators here;
Airgas Store 2305 Kamehameha Hwy Honolulu, HI 96819 (808) 842-2142
We bought our N95 respirators and goggles here. Would recommend calling to check if they still have N95 respirator masks in stock as they were very low in stock when their stock was checked back at beginning of February 2020. Most recent information received is that they sell only single N95 masks for approximately $11 each and appear to practice price gouging. They no longer sell N95 respirators in boxes of 10. We purchased a box of 10 for about $21 with tax included.
Dauterman Medical is a local supplier of medical supplies and elderly care equipment located at Ward ave. Our good friend who does our plumbing work did plumbing work for this local medical supplies co. and recommended them.
*As of March 28, 2020, after verifying their current inventory of N95 Respirators. Dauterman Medical do not have any N95 Respirators in inventory.
Industrial Hardware Hawaii Is located in Mapunapuna supplier of industrial hardware. They also had N95 respirator masks last time checked in early February. Would call them and recheck if they still have N95 respirators
*As of April 3, 2020, after verifying their current inventory of any Respirators, Industrial Hardware Hawaii have 0 inventory and could not provide an estimate when their next delivery and availability date will be.
*Please have consideration for others who require masks especially healthcare workers already afflicted with critically low supplies, individuals that are sick and require masks and respirators to mitigate droplet spreading from their coughs and sneezes. We will continuously update this page as new useful information is received. Mahalo